Updated: May 2020
Warren Buffett is known as the greatest investor of all time. He has big stakes and ownership in some awesome businesses such as Geico, Duracell, Fruit of the Loom, and Coca Cola.
He's the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway alongside his long time partner and vice chairman Charlie Munger. Berkshire Hathaway is a large holding company. Wikipedia gives a better description, "Multinational conglomerate company."
So how can we learn from Warren Buffett's success? Well, truth is, no one really will ever know how Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger make such great investments, but there are some great audiobooks on Overdrive that can give us a peek into their investing mind.
What is Overdrive?
Overdrive or Libby is a service that lets you stream audiobooks and read E-Books from your local library. Here is the link. Overdrive App
Warren Buffett Audiobooks on Overdrive
Warren Buffett on Practically Everything, 1966-2012
by Carol J. Loomis, Susan Boyce
- This is a collection of articles dating back to 1966.
- It's pretty dense, full of tons of great information on the stock market, and it gives sufficient nuggets of knowledge for personal finance.
- I would say it's more for the advanced, but you got nothing to lose by giving it a listen.
Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
by Alice Schroeder
- I believe this is the official autobiography of Warren Buffett.
- Get ready, it's a long listen. It goes into Warren Buffett's life in detail and tells numerous business adventures he faced.
- My favorite was the American Express story.
Proven Strategies for Arbitrage and Other Special Investment Situations
by Mary Buffett, David Clark
- I'm currently listening to this audiobook now. I will update this post later.
by Robert Hagstrom, Stephen Hoye
- I haven't had a chance to listen to it.
Warren Buffett Audiobooks Not on Overdrive
Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements: The Search for the Company with a Durable Competitive Advantage
Book by David Clark and Mary Buffett
- I would say this is one of the unsung heroes of Warren Buffett audiobooks.
- It breaks down in detail how Warren Buffett reads financial statements such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Although I would put this listen in the advanced category, the audiobook does a good job explaining accounting through the eyes of Mr. Buffett.
- Every year Warren Buffett writes an annual letter to shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway. Unfortunately, it's not in audiobook format, but you could get creative and use a screen reader to listen to the report.
- This is a very solid listen full of business knowledge, the stock market, and life.
- One particular part of the report I pay attention to is how Warren Buffett explains intrinsic value.
How to Enable Screen Reader for Selected Text on MacBook for Desktop
- Recently, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger started live-streaming Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Meeting on Yahoo Finance.
- This is a great open invitation to get some useful business tips and audio.
- The meeting usually runs all day with a lunch break in between. There are parts of the live stream on Youtube.
I'll keep taking a look around, and I'll add more Warren Buffett audiobooks in the future.